Hushpuppy Mix with Onions
A hushpuppy is a simple treat – thick cornmeal batter dropped in spheres (or nuggets or fingers) into hot oil and fried till crunchy and brown. But this deceptively simple food is far greater than the sum of its parts. It is a quintessential Southern delicacy and the perfect addition to any fish fry, pig pickin' or backyard cookout. Try out the different variations below for something slightly different
- Chicken Batter - Add 2 tsp. of parsley flakes
- Fish Batter - Add 1 tsp. lemon juice or grated lemon peel.
- Corn Dog Dip - Dip wieners in dip and deep fat fry
- Cheese Snacks - Dip one inch cubes of cheddar cheese in dip and deep fat fry.
- Fried Onion Rings - Add 1 tsp. sesame seeds and use as batter
- Mexican Corn Bread - Add 1 tsp. baking powder and jalapeno peppers
- Zucchini, Squash or Eggplant Batter - Dip sliced vegetables in slightly beaten egg; dip in dry mix, fry in hot oil.
Each bottle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar is hand-poured to order. guaranteeing you the freshest product available
Every product is thoughtfully and directly sourced from small makers to acclaimed producers.
One woman, one goal- to provide you with outstanding products and service since 2016.